Share Local Media, or SLM, is a rapidly growing startup reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies. We started as e-commerce marketers ourselves, and launched SLM with a goal of turning direct mail into a high performing, scalable channel for a digitally native client set. To do so, we’ve taken an inputs based-approach to the space, and re-engineered the channel from the ground up to make it easier to test, faster to execute, more measurable, and ultimately, more effective for e-commerce and tech clients of all types.
So what does SLM actually do? We’re a full-service direct mail agency, media program operator, and technology platform, serving some of your favorite e-commerce and tech brands (think Casper, Lyft, Grubhub, etc.). We live and breathe direct response marketing, and strive to delight clients with high performing campaigns built around fast, data-driven client service, and premium, unique branding.
What are we like at SLM? We’re passionate, humble, and kind. We value data-driven thinking, speed, persistence, creativity, and teamwork. We love helping clients grow and scale through a tactile medium that has long term brand value. And finally, we get excited about transforming an old-school channel into something new through data, product, technology, and a service-driven mentality.
Share our excitement? Great - we’d love to hear from you!
Share Local media is looking for a DevOps engineer to help shape the systems that our engineers use to develop and deploy applications, improve the maintainability and understandability of our infrastructure and ensure that our mission-critical systems are functioning securely and efficiently.
The ideal candidates will have excellent problem-solving skills, demonstrate an aptitude for teamwork, partnering with various team members to define and implement solutions, and a strong breadth of knowledge in the field of DevOps.
- Deploy and maintain critical cloud-hosted solutions.
- Implement automation, monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team.
- Iterate on best practices and standards to increase the quality and velocity of deployments.
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team.
- Have on-call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience building HA infrastructure on cloud-hosted systems (AWS)
- 2+ years of experience in software development with fluency in a programming language (NodeJS, Go, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience working with modern DevOps tooling, understanding concepts/tooling such as Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), Docker Orchestration, service discovery, secrets management, etc.
- Experience working in teams to develop and support production-quality tools and/or services to support internal teams. This ranges from database management, system monitoring, secrets management, and more.
- Solid understanding and experience working in AWS and its service offerings
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with other engineering teams using established platforms/tools (CircleCI, GitHub actions, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience delivering successful DevOps/platform-related projects. You’ve done engineering work at the senior level, solving complex technical challenges at web scale and built tools that help your fellow engineers.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. You should be able to explain your approach and the impact of your work to non-technical stakeholders in a way that is clear to them.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with delivery of a SaaS product.
- Experience using PaaS tools such as Convox, etc.
- Professional experience working with Docker orchestration tools in the past
- Managing production databases clusters at scale (PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Managing a growing Elasticsearch stack.
- Experience implementing good SRE practices
- A security-first mindset. Knowledge of best practices, tooling, etc.
What we offer
- Full-time remote role, and/or on-site in our NYC office
- Ownership and growth opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Robust benefits package
- A fun culture including: team events, happy hours, and trips
- The opportunity to work with a group of passionate, humble, and kind team members
If you’re looking to be part of something new that is transforming an industry, this is the role for you. You will be empowered to think like an entrepreneur by coming up with new ideas, testing, implementing, and then scaling them quickly.