Share Local Media, or SLM, is a rapidly growing startup reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies. We started as e-commerce marketers ourselves, and launched SLM with a goal of turning direct mail into a high performing, scalable channel for a digitally native client set. To do so, we’ve taken an inputs based-approach to the space, and re-engineered the channel from the ground up to make it easier to test, faster to execute, more measurable, and ultimately, more effective for e-commerce and tech clients of all types.
So what does SLM actually do? We’re a full-service direct mail agency, media program operator, and technology platform, serving some of your favorite e-commerce and tech brands (think Casper, Lyft, Grubhub, etc.). We live and breathe direct response marketing, and strive to delight clients with high performing campaigns built around fast, data-driven client service, and premium, unique branding.
What are we like at SLM? We’re passionate, humble, and kind. We value data-driven thinking, speed, persistence, creativity, and teamwork. We love helping clients grow and scale through a tactile medium that has long term brand value. And finally, we get excited about transforming an old-school channel into something new through data, product, technology, and a service-driven mentality.
Share our excitement? Great - we’d love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
- As a Data Analyst, you will dig deep into our data and create reports that internal and external users can understand. You will be able to expand your knowledge in data infrastructure and shape our data processes. Data touches everything we do, from internal projects to client-facing reporting.
- Analyze large data sets and develop custom models/algorithms to uncover trends, patterns, and insights in customer and business data. We frequently work with more data than Excel can handle - you’ll select the appropriate tools for the job.
- Work directly with clients and vendors - build, maintain, and optimize reporting and help define and setup automated data pipelines.
- Evaluate current practices, automate common processes, and take initiative to improve business and finance operations.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with data partners to understand and elevate the analytics functions of experience development, business development, consumer marketing strategy, margin optimization, etc.
- Maintain and improve data-driven targeting models to improve reach and conversion.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or quantitative field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an analytical role
- Excel? Oh yes! You are an expert in Excel! You also have a strong foundation in SQL
- You are passionate about data and are innately inquisitive about how you can manipulate data to make it digestible
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- You have at least intermediate level experience with a scripting language (R, Python), and/or use the command line to work with data
- Ability to prepare and visualize information that it is understandable by different stakeholder groups, creating easily consumed reports with accessible findings
- Strong sense of urgency and great time management skills
- Self-starter and problem solver with a get it done attitude
Would be great to see
- Experience in a startup data environment; exposure to common tools (CRMs, Analytics Tools, Customer Data Platforms etc.)
- Experience using a BI tool (i.e. Looker and Tableau), setting up dashboards, and an interest in visualizing and exploring data
- Using a big data platform for data analysis (Spark, Hadoop etc.)
- Working with tools such as Jupyter Notebooks, Anaconda etc. as part of your data workflow
What we offer
- Full-time role based in our NYC office
- Ownership and growth opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Robust benefits package
- A fun culture including: team events, happy hours, and trips
- The opportunity to work with a group of passionate, humble, and kind team members
If you’re looking to be part of something new that is transforming an industry, this is the role for you. You will be empowered to think like an entrepreneur by coming up with new ideas, testing them, implementing them, and then scaling them quickly.