Share Local Media, or SLM, is a rapidly growing startup reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies. We started as e-commerce marketers ourselves, and launched SLM with a goal of turning direct mail into a high performing, scalable channel for a digitally native client set. To do so, we’ve taken an inputs based-approach to the space, and re-engineered the channel from the ground up to make it easier to test, faster to execute, more measurable, and ultimately, more effective for e-commerce and tech clients of all types.
So what does SLM actually do? We’re a full-service direct mail agency, media program operator, and technology platform, serving some of your favorite e-commerce and tech brands (think Casper, Lyft, Grubhub, etc.). We live and breathe direct response marketing, and strive to delight clients with high performing campaigns built around fast, data-driven client service, and premium, unique branding.
What are we like at SLM? We’re passionate, humble, and kind. We value data-driven thinking, speed, persistence, creativity, and teamwork. We love helping clients grow and scale through a tactile medium that has long term brand value. And finally, we get excited about transforming an old-school channel into something new through data, product, technology, and a service-driven mentality.
Share our excitement? Great - we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a data-driven Marketing Manager to join the team and help us grow. This role will own a portfolio of client relationships for one of our major product/service lines, and eventually, be responsible for leading a team of 2-3 client associates.
The ideal candidate enjoys analytics and numbers, working/communicating with clients on a daily basis, thinking strategically about how to optimize direct mail programs, and serving as a guide and mentor for direct reports. You will work with all Share Local Media teams and be an integral part of our mission to make marketing easier for tech and e-commerce brands everywhere.
We’re a startup, so we’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for marketing.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Own/manage a portfolio of client relationships on one of our major service/product lines
- Lead tactical and strategic planning on direct mail programs for the client portfolio
- Provide clients with feedback on marketing tactics, including creative, offer, targeting, and messaging recommendations, using data to inform decision making
- Evaluate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to grow client direct mail programs as well as overall client relationships
- Strategize company and project offerings to optimize client value
- Develop and execute direct mail marketing strategies to efficiently drive new customer acquisition for our partners
- Evaluate campaign performance to optimize for cost per customer acquired and other ROI metrics
- Track campaign performance (quantitative & qualitative tracking) and provide strategic recommendations for testing and optimizing program
- Suggest tactics and strategies to improve performance and enhance overall campaign, program, and reporting effectiveness
- Demonstrate potential to develop, guide, and mentor 2-3 direct reports
- Uphold our core values of teamwork and kindness as a team leader
No day at Share Local Media will be the same but a typical day could include the following activities:
- Developing a mail plan strategy for a new or existing client
- Managing the timeline & follow ups for programs currently in progress
- Status calls/meetings with clients & vendors
- Analyzing and leveraging results to optimize future campaigns
- Identify process improvements and carry out strategic projects to grow the program
- Working with the other teams at SLM on cross-sell opportunities for major clients
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in marketing, account management, sales, or finance
- Passion for marketing and relationship management
- Strong sense of urgency and great time management skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written)
- Very comfortable with analytics and taking a data-driven approach to marketing
- Self-starter and problem solver with a get it done attitude
- Ability to work independently and manage relationships in a constantly changing startup environment
- Ability to hire, onboard, train and develop a team with strong sense of leadership
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups and representing our company in client meetings with VPs and high-level executives
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer
- Full-time role based in our NYC office / Remote flexibility during COVID-19 outbreak
- Ownership and growth opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Robust benefits package
- A fun culture including: team events, happy hours, and trips (Currently Virtual)
- The opportunity to work with a group of passionate, humble, and kind team members
If you’re looking to be part of something new that is transforming an industry, this is the role for you. You will be empowered to think like an entrepreneur by coming up with new ideas, testing them, implementing them, and then scaling them quickly.