Share Local Media, or SLM, is a rapidly growing startup reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies. We started as e-commerce marketers ourselves, and launched SLM with a goal of turning direct mail into a high performing, scalable channel for a digitally native client set. To do so, we’ve taken an inputs based-approach to the space, and re-engineered the channel from the ground up to make it easier to test, faster to execute, more measurable, and ultimately, more effective for e-commerce and tech clients of all types.
So what does SLM actually do? We’re a full-service direct mail agency, media program operator, and technology platform, serving some of your favorite e-commerce and tech brands (think Casper, Lyft, Grubhub, etc.). We live and breathe direct response marketing, and strive to delight clients with high performing campaigns built around fast, data-driven client service, and premium, unique branding.
What are we like at SLM? We’re passionate, humble, and kind. We value data-driven thinking, speed, persistence, creativity, and teamwork. We love helping clients grow and scale through a tactile medium that has long term brand value. And finally, we get excited about transforming an old-school channel into something new through data, product, technology, and a service-driven mentality.
Share our excitement? Great - we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a motivated Senior Marketing Associate to join our quickly growing automated mail platform (Poplar). This role will be responsible for interfacing with clients on a daily basis, thinking strategically about how to optimize their campaigns, as well as providing feedback and reporting. You will also support the onboarding flow for new clients, getting them up to speed on platform features and use cases, support paid marketing efforts, and help to build awareness of our programmatic solution. This role will work closely with the product, data, and account teams across the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Track campaign performance (quantitative & qualitative tracking) and provide strategic recommendations for testing and optimizing client programmatic direct mail campaigns.
- Prioritizing and delivering exceptional customer support to clients for non-technical support questions.
- Running weekly or bi-weekly sessions with major clients of the platform.
- Running demos and onboarding sessions with new potential clients, promoting the features and functionality of the Programmatic platform.
- Tracking the onboarding funnel of potential clients, assisting with regular check-ins and updates, as well as consistent follow-ups.
- Walking new clients through demos of the platform and answering initial questions.
- Working with the Poplar marketing lead to optimize the lead funnel for new prospective clients.
- Proactively searching out other growth/awareness opportunities for Poplar, including partnerships, webinars, etc.
No day at Share Local Media will be the same but a typical day could include the following activities:
- Responding to client questions on platform strategy or best practices.
- Running a platform demo via Google hangout for a client.
- Status calls/meetings with clients.
- Analyzing client campaign performance and writing up report and strategy changes for clients.
- Conducting outreach and follow-ups with prospective clients
- Working with the other teams at SLM on cross-sell opportunities for major clients
- 1-3+ years of relevant experience in marketing, sales or business development
- Passion for performance marketing, customer acquisition, and account management
- Strong sense of urgency and great time management skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written)
- Very comfortable with analytics and taking a data-driven approach to marketing
- The ability to work independently and manage relationships
- Experience interfacing directly with clients, customers or agencies
- Experience working with Direct Mail as a marketing channel
- CRM Marketing Experience and/or experience with ESPs
- Experience with B2B marketing and managing a sales funnel
What we offer
- Full-time role based in our NYC office / Remote flexibility
- Ownership and growth opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Robust benefits package
- A fun culture including: team events, happy hours, and trips
- The opportunity to work with a group of passionate, humble, and kind team members
If you’re looking to be part of something new that is transforming an industry, this is the role for you. You will be empowered to think like an entrepreneur by coming up with new ideas, testing them, implementing them, and then scaling them quickly.