Share Local Media, or SLM, is a rapidly growing startup reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies. We started as e-commerce marketers ourselves, and launched SLM with a goal of turning direct mail into a high performing, scalable channel for a digitally native client set. To do so, we’ve taken an inputs based-approach to the space, and re-engineered the channel from the ground up to make it easier to test, faster to execute, more measurable, and ultimately, more effective for e-commerce and tech clients of all types.
So what does SLM actually do? We’re a full-service direct mail agency, media program operator, and technology platform, serving some of your favorite e-commerce and tech brands (think Casper, Lyft, Grubhub, etc.). We live and breathe direct response marketing, and strive to delight clients with high performing campaigns built around fast, data-driven client service, and premium, unique branding.
What are we like at SLM? We’re passionate, humble, and kind. We value data-driven thinking, speed, persistence, creativity, and teamwork. We love helping clients grow and scale through a tactile medium that has long term brand value. And finally, we get excited about transforming an old-school channel into something new through data, product, technology, and a service-driven mentality.
Share our excitement? Great - we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Technical Account Manager to join our quickly growing programmatic DM team. This role will be responsible for interfacing directly with clients of our programmatic mail platform, Poplar, in order to provide integration and technical support, while also working on longer term product-related projects to improve the platform. The role will provide exposure to product/development work, client communication, marketing strategy and workflows, partner integrations, and data analysis projects, and can also serve as a gateway to other roles/functions within SLM, including roles in Marketing, Product, Engineering, Data, etc.
Basic responsibilities will include:
Programmatic Mail Technical Solutions
- Prioritize and deliver exceptional service through efficient resolution of technical issues raised by client and internal teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Compile, analyze and deliver trends in client issues to the business and product teams.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to educate clients and internal teams on platform behavior and features.
- Interface directly with clients in live chat, email, video conferencing and other channels as the point of contact for clients on our programmatic print & mail platform.
- Manage day to day communications with integration partners (such as marketing automation tools and customer data platforms) that clients utilize to connect to the platform.
- Walk new clients through demos of the platform and answer any strategic questions they have.
- Participate in the Sales process by identifying technical solutions to meet client’s marketing goals.
- Help clients integrate their marketing platform to pass segments into our programmatic platform, usually via a UI or webhook.
Product / Marketing
- Proactively search out new integration partners and develop integration strategies to reduce friction for future clients.
- Lead training efforts with account teams at integration partners to enable them to accurately sell Poplar as a product to their clients.
- Track platform performance (quantitative & qualitative tracking) and provide roadmap recommendations for testing and optimizing the platform towards client needs.
- Support clients in segment creation, multivariate testing, and lift analysis.
No day at Share Local Media will be the same but a typical day could include the following activities
- Working on an integration with a 3rd party CRM platform.
- Responding to client questions on platform functionality or best practices.
- Running a platform demo via Google hangout for a client.
- Walking a partner through the technical integration with our platform.
- Status calls/meetings with clients & vendors.
- Working on product roadmap to improve platform for current and future clients.
- Analyzing client campaign performance and writing up report and strategy changes for clients.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in marketing, sales or finance.
- Passion for marketing, customer acquisition, brand & account management.
- Strong sense of urgency and great time management skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written).
- Very comfortable with analytics and taking a data-driven approach to marketing.
- The ability to work independently and manage relationships.
- Basic HTML/CSS
- Experience setting up segments in common BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Experience with email or push retargeting automations via Hubspot, Zapier, Iterable and/or other marketing automation platforms.
Bonus Technical Skills
What we offer
- Full-time role based in our NYC office
- Ownership and growth opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Robust benefits package
- A fun culture including: team events, happy hours, and trips
- The opportunity to work with a group of passionate, humble, and kind team members
If you’re looking to be part of something new that is transforming an industry, this is the role for you. You will be empowered to think like an entrepreneur by coming up with new ideas, testing them, implementing them, and then scaling them quickly.